- Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions
Registering on the website
- Do I need an existing trade account with Tri-Star to register on the Tri-Star website?
You can register on the Tri-Star website and purchase products even if you don't have an existing account with us. We accept payment by credit and debit card as well as via PayPal.
- Can I upgrade to a full trade account with credit terms at a later date if I find I am purchasing a lot of products from you?
On the top right corner of the 'My Account' page there is an 'Upgrade to a credit account' link. Select this option if you wish to apply for a credit account with us, complete the account application form and send it back to us via email or post. Our accounts team will receive your application, review it and contact you within 5 working days with a decision.
If your credit account is approved you will be able to use this to place orders through this site. Your existing web user profile can be linked to this account once it has been opened so there's no need to re-register.
- I already have a credit account with you but haven't previously bought via your website. Can I register on your website and link my web user profile to my existing account?
In Step 1 of the registration process there is the opportunity for existing trade account customers to link their trade account details to their web profile.
Look for the heading 'Existing Tri-Star Account Customer?' and underneath you will see 2 boxes. Just type your account number and postcode into these boxes, click on the 'Continue' option and complete the registration process.
This will link your web user profile to your existing account and all your web orders will be charged to that account.
To find your existing Tri-Star credit account number and postcode either refer to a previous invoice or advice note we've sent you or call our Customer Service team on 020 8443 9100 (Monday to Friday 08:30 to 17:00).
- What happens if I forget my password?
If you forget your password at the login stage, just click on the 'Forgotten your password?' link. You'll be prompted to enter your e-mail address and we'll send you a link which will allow you to re-set your password.
Using the 'My Account' area
- Can I update my personal or account details once I've completed the registration process?
Once you've logged in to the site you can use the 'My Account' area to easily manage all your details. You can access this simply by logging into the site and then clicking on the link in the top right hand corner (next to the 'My Basket' icon).
- Within the 'My Account' area you'll find a whole host of useful functions as detailed below:
Personal Details – you can update your personal details and update your password from this page.
Address Book – if you have a standard web account with us (i.e. payment by Credit/Debit card or Paypal), you can update your main Invoice (Billing) address as well as adding and saving multiple delivery addresses associated to your account. This is a very useful feature of the site that enables you to place your order and select the address to which you would like the goods delivered. Should you no longer require a delivery address, simply remove it via the 'Remove Address' feature.
Please note – if you have a full trade account with us (i.e. payment on credit terms) you will not be able to update your main Invoice (Billing) address with us but will still be able to add and save multiple delivery addresses as above.
Order History – you can view orders placed on the site and keep track of current orders in progress via this page. Once your order has been picked and dispatched from our warehouse, we will provide you with a tracking link to our carrier site where you can monitor delivery progress.
Payment Details – you cansave and update details of credit/debit cards via this page. Once you have saved card details you will be able to selecte them at the Checkout stage.
Please note – all card details are fully encrypted with our payment provider and no card details are held by Tri-Star.
My Favourites – you can save the details of products that you purchase frequently by selecting the 'Add to Favourites' option from either the product listing or product detail pages or from the shopping basket. Once saved, favourite products can then be easily added to the basket either individually or en masse using the 'Add all Items' option.
Saved Baskets – you can also save complete shopping baskets by selecting the 'Save Basket' option. Once a basket has been saved you can re-load the entire basket with one click or load individual products as required from the saved basket.
Invoices – you can also view documents from orders already placed including invoices, credit notes and POD's (Proof of Delivery).
Placing an order
- How do I place an order on the site?
Once you've found the items you would like to buy and have added them to your basket, you can begin the checkout process by clicking on the 'My Basket' icon at the top right of your screen. If you haven't registered yet, you can create an account at this point and progress with your order. If you have already registered, simply enter your Username and Password in the 'Login' area.
- Can I select a different delivery address at the Checkout stage?
If you require a different delivery address you can select any that you have previously saved at the Checkout stage or can add a completely new one. Once you've selected your delivery address you can then select any premium delivery options you may require e.g. Next working day before 5pm.
- Can I choose different payment options?
Once you've selected your delivery options you'll have the option to select the payment option you require: If you have a standard web account (credit/debit card or Pay Pal) you can select or add a different card at this stage or choose the Pay Pal option. If you have a full Tri-Star trade account with credit terms payment for your web order will be charged to your trade account. If you need help placing an order or have any other questions, please contact our Customer Service team via e-mail at email@example.com or call on 020 8443 9100 (Monday to Friday 08:30 - 17:00).
- From time to time you may receive e-vouchers from us which offer discounts and other money-saving deals when you place orders on the website.
- Each e-voucher will display a specific promotional code.
- To receive the discount stated on the voucher you must enter the promotional code into the box labelled 'Enter your promotional code' at the basket stage. Click on the 'Apply' button to the right of the box, the discount will be applied and the value of the basket will update accordingly.
Please note: some products are specifically excluded from e-voucher discounts. These are typically Heavy Equipment items (like Catering Appliances) and products that are already at reduced prices, like special offers and warehouse clearance lines.
Where a product is not eligible for e-voucher discounts a message will appear in the Shopping Basket clearly stating that that the discount has not been applied.
Tracking your order
- Once you have placed your order you will receive an e-mail confirming that we've received it and that the order is now being processed for delivery.
- Once the order has been despatched you will receive a second e-mail confirming despatch. This e-mail will also include a link to our carrier so that you can follow its progress through to delivery.
- If any items were on back-order at the time you placed your order, you will receive a separate e-mail confirming despatch of these items.
- Non-stocked items marked with a lead-time (e.g. 5-7 days) cannot be tracked as they are despatched direct from our suppliers. However you will contacted by our Customer Service team who will advise you of the estimated delivery date and keep you updated if there any changes.
- You can also track the progress of any order via the 'My Account' section. Simply select the 'Order History' option.
- Orders which have been despatched but not yet delivered will show as 'In Progress'. You will also find the tracking link shown in the 'Delivery Details' section.
- Once an items is shown as having been delivered you can also view and print POD's (Proof of Delivery) from the 'Invoices, Credit Notes and POD's' page.
Should you have any problems with the delivery of your order please contact our Customer Service team via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 020 8443 91008 (Monday to Friday 08:30 - 17:00).
- Should any of the goods delivered be faulty, incorrect or damaged, please let us know immediately by either calling our Customer Service team on 020 8443 9100 (Monday to Friday 08:30 - 17:00) or e-mailing us at email@example.com. Please do this within 3 days of delivery so that we can arrange for collection.
- If there is no problem with the goods but they no longer meet your requirements, then you can still return them to us and take advantage of our 28 day money-back guarantee.
- Simply return the products to us within 28 days of purchase, unused, undamaged and in their original packaging. Once their condition has been checked and verified by us we'll issue you with a refund.
Please note: Specialist bespoke products, installed products and warehouse clearance lines are specifically excluded
Leaving a product review
- We really value your feedback and would encourage you to leave a review of any products that you have purchased from us.
- Leaving a review is easy. Just follow these 3 simple steps:
- Navigate to the product page of the item you have previously purchased. The easiest way to do this is to enter the product code into the search box located in the main header.
- Once you have located the product page, click on the 'Write a review' tab which appears to the right of the main product image, next to the stock status indicator. Please note - you will need to be logged in to your account to leave a review. If you have not yet registered for the site please complete the registration process.
- Add your written review in the box provided, give the product a rating out of 5 stars and leave your name. Then click on 'Submit'. Your review will normally be published within 48 hours.